Friday, September 12, 2008

First Contact

I play with a lot of technologies, mainly java enabled ones, but still, I do my share of testing the bleeding edge.

As I dabble in each of these new and old technologies, I find myself making notes about things I like and things I don't like. I thought it might prove useful to others if I shared my experiences as I investigate and use technologies.

Over the past year, I've played with, OSGI, UPnP, GWT, MythTV, SageTV, and extending my knowledge of the Java language. I have 13 years experience programming online commerce applications. 10 of those years were spent in Java. The first few years I spent in C, until I was forced to move to Java. I resisted the change, but now I am very much a Java technology evangelist.

Over the next few months, I'll post articles on my experiences with technology. Some of the upcoming ideas that I'm currently working on include....
  • Writing applications using GWT
  • MythTV as a SageTV network encoder
  • Embedding OSGI in existing applications
  • Building a UPnP Server
  • Java Lessons
  • SageTV experiences
Stay tuned, and feedback is appreciated.

No comments: